The Cygnus Underwater is the original diver held subsea multiple echo Ultrasonic Thickness Gauge. It was designed for use by divers undertaking subsea maintenance and surveys 3 decades ago… and today it is still the industry standard.
The unit is depth rated to 300 metres and it provides an accurate metal thickness measurement through coatings up to 20mm thick. The bright LED display ensures easy viewing even in poor visibility conditions.
The Underwater Thickness Gauge is supplied ready to use as a complete kit with 2 rechargeable batteries in a protective carry case.
Topside Repeater Options
The Topside Repeater is used when the readings need to be verified on the surface. Umbilical cable length is specified by the customer up to a maximum of 1,000 m (3,280 ft). There are three options available:
Palm held surface display repeater with large liquid crystal display in an IP65 sealed case.
Data logging and remote display Windows based software. The umbilical is connected directly to the serial port of the PC.
Option A + B.
- RINA approved (Certificate No. 2009DGPO787)
- Auto - Probe Recognition (APR)
- "Deep-Coat” mode for measuring through coatings up to 20 mm thick
- Easy calibration using convenient buttons
- Rugged, durable, shock-proof construction
- Stable calibration - linear accuracy - no zero adjustment
- Large bright LED display for poor visibility
- Pressure rated to 300 m depth
- Heavy duty sealed unit with double ‘O’ ring protection
- Self verification of measurements to ensure accuracy
- Echo strength indicator to aid measurement
- All probes are protected by a membrane to prevent damage
- Various probe options
- Two rechargeable battery packs with charger
- Fixed head probe option for single handed use.