The NEW Cygnus 6+ ultrasonic thickness gauge has a large front LCD colour display plus an end mounted OLED display, offering maximum versatility.
The gauge includes, comprehensive data logging, A-Scan and B-Scan display, automatic and manual gain control and Bluetooth connection.
The instrument has three measurement modes:
- Multiple-Echo to provide extremely accurate measurements while ignoring protective coatings up to 20 mm thick;
- Echo-Echo for measurements on painted metals but with heavy back wall corrosion/pitting and;
- Single-Echo for measurements on uncoated surfaces with heavy front face and/or backwall corrosion and attenuative materials such as cast metals or plastics/composites.
Designed for the harshest of environments, with a simple to use keypad, intuitive menus and a colour LCD display which can be viewed in all lighting conditions.
The twin shot injection moulded enclosure has a soft but durable TPE outer skin which is both comfortable and robust while the inner shell is strong, keeping the electronics totally sealed from the outside world. Having passed the stringent US Military Standard 810G environmental tests, this new housing represents toughness and reliability.
- Multiple-Echo for reliable, accurate through coating measurements
- Single-Echo and Echo-Echo measuring modes
- MSI™ (Measurement Stability Indicator) for Single-Echo and Echo-Echo modes
- Large bright colour LCD screen with automatic LCD back light
- End mounted OLED display
- A-scan display
- B-scan display
- Manual gain control
- Comprehensive data logging: Linear; Grid; Bespoke template; and Radial points (add multiple points around a reading)
- Bluetooth connection
- Automatic probe recognition for S2C and twin crystal probes
- Min/max measurement limit functions with visual and vibrate alert
- Extremely rugged enclosure-shock and impact to MIL STD 810G
- Environment sealing to IP67-MIL STD 810G
- Deep-coat mode, measure through coating up to 20 mm thick
- Cygnus echo-strength bars assist thickness measurements in Multiple-Echo mode
- TPE over moulded enclosure
- Buttons designed for minimum of 100,000 depressions
- Fully sealed battery compartment (contains any leaking battery fluids).