The NEW Cygnus 2+, with its end-mounted OLED multi-functional display makes it ideal for hands free operation. Ideally suited for climbing and rope access applications.
The twin shot injection moulded enclosure has a soft but durable TPE outer skin which is both comfortable and extremely durable while the inner shell is strong, keeping the electronics totally sealed from the outside world.
The instrument has three measurement modes:
Multiple-Echo to provide extremely accurate measurements while ignoring protective coatings up to 20 mm thick;
Echo-Echo for measurements on painted metals but with heavy back wall corrosion / pitting and;
Single-Echo for measurements on uncoated surfaces with heavy front face and/or backwall corrosion and attenuative materials such as cast metals or plastics / composites.
- Multiple-Echo for reliable, accurate through coating measurements
- Single-Echo and Echo-Echo measuring modes
- OLED multi-functional display with improved readability in all lighting conditions
- Extremely rugged enclosure - shock and impact to MIL STD 810G
- Environment sealing to IP67 - MIL STD 810G
- Cygnus echo-strength bars assist thickness measurements in Multiple-Echo mode
- TPE over moulded enclosure
- Buttons designed for minimum of 100,000 depressions
- Fully sealed battery compartment (contains any leaking battery fluids)
- MSI™ (Measurement Stability Indicator) - for Single-Echo and Echo-Echo modes
- Single-Echo and/or Echo-Echo measuring modes with twin crystal probes
- Automatic probe recognition for S2C and twin crystal probes.